Let us all welcome winter in Qatar. Unfortunately, it’s not the most wonderful time of the year with all the people getting sick due weather change.
And because of this, I decided to dedicate this whole week to share my recipes for easy peasy soup recipes. I’ll have a live cooking show in Instagram stories (@qatareats) where you can save the snaps for future use and will also be sharing the recipes here in my blog.
So, soup #1 is mushroom soup! An all-time favorite by many, this is a classic comfort food that has helped cure from a slight sniffle to a major heartbreak. Let’s start!
Easy-peasy creamy mushroom soup
Makes 4 servings
1 onion, sliced
1 slices ham, chopped
250 grams of sliced mushrooms (can be mixed or just one kind)
3 tbs. butter
125 ml heavy cream
1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock or boiling water
Salt and pepper to taste
parsley for garnish
lemon for seasoning
1) Melt butter in medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
2) Add ham and cook for 1 minute.
3) Add mushroom and make sure they’re all evenly coated with butter. At this point, the mushrooms will release their water, leave until the water is reduced to a third.
4) Add 1/2 of the stock, cover and let it boil.
5) Once it boils, add the cream gradually and stir until the blobs disappear.
6) Add the cream cheese.
7) Bring the soup just to boil then turn of the heat.
8) Blend the soup using a hand blender or a normal blender.
Garnish with nutmeg, paprika and parlsey (of course, these are all optional) and serve with lemon.
Stay safe and healthy!