Here’s my twist on the classic chicken and veggies soup. Instead of the usual way of boiling the ingredients in the stock, I decided to roast them then add the stock. Roasting the veggies and chicken gives it that slight smoky taste you only get when roasting.
Roasted chicken and vegetable soup
Makes 4 servings
3 small zucchini
200 gr Brussel sprouts, cut in halves
1 medium sized carrot
1 medium sized potatoes
2 chicken thighs, cut up into small pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock or boiling water
For the spices, just a sparing dash of everything (you can also use any kind of spice that you want):
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 C.
2. Chop up veggies into small pieces (except for the Brussel sprouts)
3. Using a baking sheet, lay out the veggies and chicken.
4. Season with salt, pepper and the spices. You can omit the spices or substitute with another.
5. Add olive oil until ingredients are fully coated.
6. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Pre-heat a pot in medium heat.
8. Add the roasted veggies and chicken in the pot.
9. Add the stock or boiling water gradually until it just covers the ingredients.
10. Bring to just boiling then turn off and serve.
Hope you’ll like this one!