Summer is here! Here are easy two ice cream recipes that help you beat the scorching heat.
(Slightly adapted from David Lebovitz’s The Perfect Scoop)
1 kg. strawberries, rinsed and hulled
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1) Cut the strawberries in half and mix the sugar, making sure all strawberries are evenly covered. Let it sit for 1 hour.
2) Using a food processor or blender, blend the strawberries.
3) Use you ice cream maker as per manufacturer’s instructions.
4) If you don’t have an ice cream maker, just freeze the strawberries until desired hardness is achieved.
Sugar free mango ice cream
1 kg overripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1) Blend the chopped mangoes, cream and milk until it becomes a smoothie.
2) Repeat steps 2 or 3 from the Strawberry Sorbet recipe
**The only difference of using an ice cream maker is that it expedites the freezing time.